Quit Eating Snacks before It Gets Worst
If you are an office worker who can’t get enough of snacks even if you just have a full meal, you are on the threshold of many diseases. Let’s have a look at how to quit this eating habit.
1. Eat breakfast. Check yourself if you leave your stomach empty for too long. People who skip breakfast tend to make up for the breakfast by doubling up their lunch. However, this meal wouldn’t last longer than 1-2 hours. Doubled-up meal can make you gain weight. Your body will release hunger hormone, ghrelin, to stimulate your appetite. That’s why you feel like having snacks all the time, which results in bad health. Don’t forget to have breakfast every day; anything will do such as a bowl of hot congee with boiled eggs, cereal, or low-fat low-sugar yogurt to avoid getting hungry too easily.
2. Have full main meals. Lunch is where you can eat as much as you want—but try to avoid high-calorie food. Don’t eat too much pork, beef and chicken. Try eating fish, which contains low calories and is good for brain; and vegetables since they don’t contain fats and are good for your body. If you want to have rice, choose brown rice since it remains in your stomach longer than normal rice. With this healthy lunch, you won’t get hungry until dinner time.
3. Control your mouth and mind. It doesn’t help if you eat every meal properly, but still have mini-meals during the day. The need of having something to eat all the time can become a bad eating habit. If you are having this habit, you need to stop and control your appetite for those unhealthy meals. It takes time, definitely. But try to avoid this habit before diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidemia knock you off.
4. Eat nuts for snacks. Nuts are decent alternative for snack lovers since they contain high protein and good fats. Dried nuts are best for snacks. Avoid eating fried nuts with high calories. Seeds with high fiber and beneficial nutrients are another good option. They help you remain full for a long time and reduce cholesterol. Nuts and seeds for snacks include peanuts, broad beans, almonds, walnuts, chestnuts, pistachio, and watermelon seeds.
5. Don’t sleep late. Late sleep doesn’t only make you feel sleepy and upset at work, but also urges your need of sugar or caffeine. That’s why you feel like you need to drink soda, tea, bubble tea or coffee to stay awake. Lack of sleep stimulates your body to produce a substance called 2–AG to increase your appetite.