Pre-settlement Checklist before Handover
If you are ready to settle in a house or condominium, don’t forget to checkout this inspection checklist.
1. Prepare inspection tools such as checklist form (can be found on internet), camera, measuring tape, coin, rope, portable electric appliance, and flashlight.
2. Walk around the house. Check the ceiling, parking area, entrance gate, and fence for the proper installation. The entrance gate should not be difficult to open or close. Try opening and closing the front and back doors. Check doorknobs, windows, door and window frames. As soon as you move to this new place, change doorknobs on the front and back doors to avoid duplicated keys.
3. Check water system. Make sure that water meter and its valves are ready to work. There should not be water seeping on the meter joint. If your village is in a low water pressure area and you don’t have water pump, try turning on each tap and check the water flow.
4. Check electrical system. Check your electric meter by switching off the unit box to turn off all electrical powers. If the metal cog on the meter still runs, it means leakage. Test the breaker by putting the test button. The switch or breaker will be flipped off if the power is cut. Then, check every plug in the house; they should not be broken or burnt. Test sockets with your portable electrical appliance. And try switching on and off every light.
5. Check walls and ceiling for cracks and proper painting. Wallpaper should be evenly applied. Check proper installation of tile floor using a rope. Place a coin above a tile joint to see if they’re even or not. Tap the coin on the tile; if each tile sounds differently, it means the cement was not properly applied, which may results in loosen tiles. Bathroom and balcony floor should not be logged with water. Also, check the toilet joint and flushing system.
6. Take before and after photos of each area you want to fix. Check the inspection list in the final handover carefully.
Get more secured with house and condominium insurance at https://www.axa.co.th/home-and-family-insurance
#AXAThailland #KnowYouCan #ประกันภัยบ้านและคอนโด