Long Stay Visa and STV
Health insurance for seeking long-term stay and short term tourist visa (STV) in Thailand
- Complied with Long Stay Visa Requirements (O-A , O-X and STV visa type)
- Entry Age Up to 70 Years Old and Renewable Up to 99 Years Old
- Major Medical pays additional 90% of expenses exceeding the benefit limit under Hospital Miscellaneous Expenses and Surgeon's Fee
- No Claim Bonus After Each Claim-free Year
- Deductible option up to 50 % discount
- Insurance certificate Submitted to the Department of Immigration
Long Stay Visa Insurance. . .
Health insurance has been made mandatory for foreigners aged 50 years and above seeking long-term stay in Thailand for Non-Immigrant Visa "O-A" (Long Stay 1 year) and Non-Immigrant Visa "O-X" (Long Stay 10 years). Short term Tourist Visa (STV) is a special government scheme for inbound foreign travelers who want to visit Thailand during Covid-19 pandemic period.
AXA Smartcare Executive Long Stay Visa and STV insurance will offer medical claims for outpatient (OPD) must not be less than 40,000 Baht, for inpatient (IPD) must not be less than 400,000 Baht. AXA will be able to issue health insurance certificate for your visa application accordingly.
If you enter Thailand during COVID-19 pandemic,
you may be required to acquire Certificate of Entry (COE) prior to your departure. AXA offers Sawasdee Thailand Inbound Travel Insurance that meets insurance requirement for COE application. Ten percent discount is given to Long Stay Visa insurance if you purchase Sawasdee Thailand Insurance for your COE : Click here
*Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts during this period, for more details please contact us AXA Customer Service 02-118-8111 on Monday to Friday 8.30-18.30, Saturday 9.00-18.00 (Unavailable on Sunday and official holidays) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions about Health Insurance Coverage on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Click
Health Insurance Claim Guideline on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Click
• Special Promotions •
Table of Benefits: Insurance for Long Stay Visa and STV
1. Major medical pay 90% in excess of table limit for item 1.2 (Hospital Miscellaneous Expenses) and 1.5 (Surgeon's Fee without Surgical Schedule) up to the Maximum payable of section 1, (except 1.6 Accidental Miscarriage)
2. Lifetime limit means the maximum payable limit for the whole period that the covered person has been covering by the company and up to the limit stated on the policy schedule.
3. Loss of Life, Dismemberment, Loss of Sight, Loss of Hearing, Loss of Speech or Permanent Disability (P.A. 2) including Murder-Assault and driving or riding as passenger in a Motorcycle-as per the sum insured.
4. Per disability means; Any injury or sickness from the same cause including complications thereof.
Frequently Asked Questions about Long Stay Visa Insurance
Q1: Who can apply for Long Stay Visa Insurance ?
A1: Foreigners seeking long-term stay in Thailand and must be aged 50 - 70 years at first entry ,and can renew for life.
Q2: Who are required to purchase this plan ?
A2: It depends on a period of stay and nationals of passports holder.
- For a Non-Immigrant Visa “O-X”, applicants who wish to stay in Thailand for the maximum period of 10 years without the intention of working, who wish to extend their Non-Immigrant O-X visas inside Thailand, and who are nationals of 14 countries – Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada, and The United States of America.
- For a Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A”, applicants who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working.
Q3: How much sum insured is permissible for Long Stay Visa Insurance ?
A3: The minimum requirement of providing is set at 400,000 Baht for inpatient and 40,000 Baht for outpatient coverage, which were approved by Cabinet in April 2019 and announced by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).
In line with this requirement, AXA offers you SmartCare Executive Long Stay Visa Insurance with a range of inpatient benefits from 400,000 Baht to 600,000 Baht and outpatient benefits 45,000 Baht per year that well complied with these requirements.
Q4: Does SmartCare Executive Long Stay Visa Insurance cover for COVID-19 ?
A4: This plan covers for COVID-19 with 30 days waiting period.
Q5: Do I need a medical check-up ?
A5: Applicant must declare any pre-existing condition in the application form for underwriter consideration. Medical check-up is required for applicants aged 61 years old and above. We will request for the existing medical reports which have been done previously before applying with us.
Q6: Can I pay insurance premium in instalments ?
A6: We offer yearly payment for Long Stay Visa Insurance.
Q7: Once transaction is completed, when is my policy effective ?
A7: You have to serve 30 days waiting periods before you are fully covered, but accident and injury will be covered immediately.
Q8: How long will the coverage last ?
A8: Our health insurance policy will cover a 12-month period of benefits.
Q9: Do you have any special promotions ?
A9: AXA gives you special discount on standard premium for renewal policy until 31 October 2020 and a family discount when family members purchase Long Stay Visa Insurance together.
Q10: How to claim Health Insurance?
A10: The insured doesn’t have to pay medical expenses in advance with our hospital network. In case of out of our network, the insured must pay the medical expense upfront and collect all related documents to reimburse the expense with AXA later. Please click here to check our hospital network.
*Terms and Conditions as specified by the Company, the prospect/insured should understand before making decision.
If you are interested in our product or any further assistance, please click here or directly contact AXA Hotline 02-118-8111
on Monday to Friday 8.30-18.30, Saturday 9.00-18.00 (Unavailable on Sunday and official holidays).