7 Easy Tips for an Effective Health Care
A good health comes from within. A good health care can reflect in a healthier body and mind. On the other hand, a loose self-care can reflect in a worn-out condition. Here are easy tips to take a good care of yourself.
1. Eat healthy. Make sure you intake all 5 groups of food. Try eating junk food as least as you can. Avoid oily and strong-flavored food, as well as beverages that contain sugar and alcohol.
2. Apart from burning calories, exercise makes you stronger and prevents illness. It is the cheapest form of health investment yet most effective. Exercise 4-5 times a week for at least 40-50 minutes. Don’t forget to get a health check once a year to get an early treatment in case an illness is diagnosed.
3. Quit drinking and smoking, if you care about your health and people around you. Heavy drinkers and smokers should take a step to quit before it causes lung cancer or cirrhosis. These diseases are hard to cure and can later become a family’s burden. Every cent will be spent on an endless treatment and medicine, which eventually makes you depressed regardless of how much money you have.
4. Many people think vaccines are no longer unnecessary since they have completed vaccine injections since childhood. However, elderly people or those with chronic diseases, or even regular people, can still be prone to infections. Essential immunization includes flu vaccine, ovarian cancer vaccine (in female), tetanus vaccine and chickenpox vaccine.
5. Sexual activity can affect your health. Sex with protection can ensure you and your partner safety and reduce risk of sexual infections such as gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV.
6. Stress can be a cause of illness. Stress, whether from workplace or personal issues, causes health issues such as eating disorder, social isolation, ineffective work, inability to focus and insomnia. People with these symptoms tend to reach to sleeping pills, smoking or alcohol, which unbalance their hormones. These signals can also lead to depression.
7. Be positive and look at the world with understanding and empathy. Be a nice person who is ready to forgive people. Happiness and brain are connected. If you feel happy, the rational left brain will work better while the emotional right brain works harder if you feel negative. That’s why people whose left brain works better tend to be more positive and happy.