Travel a Historical Town of Budapest
Budapest is Hungary’s capital and tourist destination. With its rich historical and architectural highlights, it is also known as the "Paris of the East". Budapest is bisected by the river. Buda and Óbuda are located on the west of Danube River with Pest on its east. Here are Budapest’s tourist attractions you shouldn’t miss.
1. Parliament Building is a gothic building located next Danube River. This gigantic building is homes to hundreds of governmental offices. Its grandeur makes it among the popular tourist attractions.
2. Gellért Baths locates the largest spa in Hungary’s capital. You will find outdoor swimming pool, various types of sauna, jumping pool and spa and treatment services with surcharge,
3. Heroes’ Square is located on Andrássy Avenue, the largest square in Budapest. Its main pillar stands gracefully Saint Gabriel holding a crown in his hand. This place exhibits 14 statues of the past kings and historical figures, which makes it one of the popular tourist attractions. You can also walk around Szépmuvészeti Múzeum and Varosliget Garden.
4. Margaret Island is of 2.5 km, located in the midst of Danube River. The island is abundant with parks and recreational facilities. Explore the island with the available rental car service or jog around the island yourself.
5. St. Stephen’s Basilica is a Roman Catholic neo-classical building. Its height of 315 feet is equal to the Parliament Building. In the middle stands a dome with huge bell towers on its both sides. Take 146 stairs or an elevator to view Budapest’s scenery in 360 degree.
6. Hungarian State Opera House is a neo-renaissance building. The statue of Ferenc Erkel, Hungarian national anthem composer, stands on the outside of the building. The building’s capacity is of 1,200 seats and is renowned as one of the best opera theaters in the world.
7. Memento (Memento Park is a spectacular sculpture park which exhibits many communist national memorials and statues. The statue of Lenin, Marx, Earls and other historical communist governmental leaders can be found here.