Fall in Love with “Helsinki”, the Daughter of the Baltic Sea!
Helsinki is Finland’s capital and largest city located in the south. It is one of the most popular European towns to visit. With its nickname of the “Daughter of the Baltic Sea”, the city has around 600,000 residents. It is also one of a few towns in Europe that snows on Christmas day.
1. Suomenlinna Sea Fortress has been honored by UNSCO as the World Heritage. With specular views from the park and sea, this fortress is popular among both the Finnish and tourists around the world. Take a ferryboat to the fortress and have a picnic or enjoy cafes and restaurants in the area.
2. Seurasaari Island and Open-Air Museum is about to reach its 110th anniversary this year. Explore original way of life and tradition of Finnish ancestors in one of the 87 wooden museums. Visit Karuna Church which is the oldest building in the museum constructed in 1685.
3. Temppeliaukio Church or Rock Church was designed by the architect siblings, Timo and Tuomo Suomalainen. The church has opened for service in 1969 and become another spot in tourist’s bucket lists. The church welcomes around 500,000 visitors each year.
4. Helsinki Cathedral is a Lutheran church, standing prominently at the heart of the city. The façade with Corinthian pillars makes it a remarkable example of neoclassic architecture. Walk around the square and sit at the court to witness this astounding white church with your own eyes.
5. Ateneum Museum was built in 1885–1887. It is Finland’s largest art gallery that collects and exhibits more than 20,000 works of art. This museum is a wonderful place to get an artistic inspiration.
6. Hakasalmi Villa is an old building painted in pink. It is a tiny museum with interesting exhibition. The museum offers over 1 hour touring and a chill café inside. The villa is also a combination between urban and upcountry design.
7. Kauppatori is an international market and the most well-known market in Helsinki. Reach this popular tourist destination easily and explore antique and souvenir shops, as well as enjoy many cute café in the market.
Travel with confidence with AXA Thailand at https://direct.axa.co.th/TA/CoverageOptionPlan
For special promotions, click! https://www.axa.co.th/promotions-for-exclusive-customers