Senior Individual Health Underwriter
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Assess risk and provide quality quotations for all channels. Set & improve Underwriting guideline and tools. Resolve complex, substandard cases finding best commercial compromise within appropriate technical boundaries.
- Examining insurance proposals.
- Collecting background information and assessments of risk.
- Analysing statistical data using specialist computer programmes.
- Writing quotes and negotiating the terms with distribution channel.
- Determining premiums.
- Deciding the wording of policies.
- Preparing insurance policy terms and conditions.
- Negotiating terms.
- Liaising with distribution channel.
- Obtain approved by Regional Management when appropriate.
- Ensure all business is underwritten within established Internal Audit Guidelines
· Work closely with underwriting team to ensure business quotation provided are based on sound underwriting guidelines.
Administration and Reporting;
· Ensure daily workflow, procedure, assignments, policies and guideline are effectively executed.
· Prepare monthly reports for the management team.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor or higher degree in insurance or related fields (medical/ para medical/ statistic)
- Solid proficiency of underwriting and insurance industry theories and practices.
- At least 3 years of experience in underwriting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working within multinational Company
- Good command in English (both writing and speaking)