Health Underwriting Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Assess risk and provide quality quotations for all channels. Set & improve Underwriting guideline and tools. Support sales channel to negotiate.
Sales & Operation
- Underwrite New and renew Business cases and approve cases within assigned authority according to the underwriting standard
- Oversee and direct submissions for review beyond delegated underwriting authority.
- Obtain approved by Regional Management when appropriate.
- Ensure all business is underwritten within established Internal Audit Guidelines
- Establish, implement and communicate country underwriting policies and procedures, response timetables and quality standards.
- Work closely with underwriting team to ensure business quotation provided are based on sound underwriting guidelines.
Administration and Reporting
- Ensure daily workflow, procedure, assignments, policies and guideline are effectively executed.
- Prepare monthly reports for the management team
- Bachelor or higher degree in insurance or related fields (medical/ para medical/ nursing )
- Solid proficiency of underwriting and insurance industry theories and practices.
- At least 8 years of experience in medical underwriting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working within multinational Company
- Good command in English (both writing and speaking)